Sunday, January 08, 2006


Well here is the final sculpted bust with paint. After I've sufficiently built up the layers of Super Sculpty modelling clay over an aluminum foil base, I sand the sculpture smooth and apply fast drying oil paints. They really work well to simulate the look of flesh, particularly darker skinned flesh tones. For this one I actually used paint labeled "flesh". Usually I find these paints unsatisfactory, since they rarely look like real flesh, but by adding some umber and vermillion paint, I got a nice approximation of flesh for this sculpture. I like how it turned out, but I always tend to like them when they're first finished. Enjoy!

1 comment: